Whether you have one site or one thousand sites, you need to have a technology stack which helps you thrive.
The new breed of cloud-based EPOS delivers the power of a fully blown restaurant management system. Available for Android tablet or iPad or Windows, it is also easy to use and inexpensive to implement.
Let’s explore the features and benefits of such a system and the ways it can positively impact your business.
Ease of implementation and rock-solid reliability
With a low cost of ownership, ease of use, automatic updates, and reliability means cloud-based EPOS systems are the first choice for today’s restaurateur.
With no software installation, they are ideal for both the first-time restaurateur and the more established operator looking to scale their business.
Built-in redundancy ensures that even if the wi-fi drops your servers can still process payments. Great for peace of mind.
Delivers a great guest experience
The restaurant world is changing and guests expect a great experience dining in or out.
Restaurateurs need to be flexible and a restaurant management system can help here too:
- Waitlist and reservation management – easily manage reservations and waitlists by time and size
- Keep control of the floor – delegate tables, split checks and keep track of table turns
- Manage table-side payments – convenient for guests and speeds table turns
- Online ordering – a branded mobile app makes it convenient for guests and you’ll save on third party commissions
- Integration with kitchen display systems – orders are sent immediately to the kitchen and changes can be seen instantly on the display
- Create profitable loyalty programs – built-in loyalty to keep them spending more
Efficient payment processing
Technologies such as contactless and mobile payments have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years.
When selecting a restaurant management system look for a solution that can:
- Support all the major payment processors including the new breed of mobile-based payment systems such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and PayPal
- Support new delivery methods such as kerbside pick-up – the post-pandemic consumer will likely never leave the car!
- Manage online ordering with ease – offer your delivery customers a seamless and fast payment experience
- Offer QR-based menus – diners can order and pay quickly just by scanning the code using their phone
- Support pay at table – convenient for your guests. It increases table turns and order accuracy
- Reduce payment fees and charges – look for a restaurant management system which is payment processor agnostic
One major advantage of a cloud-based solution is that reporting is accessible from any location and across all sites. You can easily manage your whole operation from anywhere.
With real-time information at your fingertips you can really get to grips with:
- Food cost analysis
- Labour reports
Look for a solution with a customised mobile dashboard for the most convenient user experience and which enables managers to quickly send messages to their staff – a proactive and actionable approach.
Optimise stock and increase profits
Maintaining the correct stock levels is key to the success of your operation- too little and you risk disappointing guests and too much and you risk expensive wastage. With a restaurant management system you can maintain the right balance and keep control of costs.
Automated alerts on low stock ensure that you never run out and you never miss a sales opportunity because the item is “off the menu”. Features such as cost analysis help you keep costs down and help you to order more efficiently.
Look for a solution that will track costs down to the ingredient and dish level – the system will also forecast how much you can save on each ingredient – take charge of the kitchen and your profits will flow.
Today’s EPOS is more than a till. Once you have got present operation thriving you will no doubt have your eye on expansion. Whether you are looking to expand organically or looking to franchise your operation your technology needs to drive that growth.
When you are ready to expand, with a cloud-based restaurant management system you can:
- Manage a whole franchise operation from one central location and it is flexible – you can manage regional chains, scale the business and streamline operations
- Access features designed for growth – payment security, consolidated reporting and centralised management
- Take advantage of a fully integrated set of features designed specifically for growth such as loyalty programs, CRM and online ordering
Support when you need it – round the clock!
Having a support team that you can call day and night with a question or for advice will enable you to get the best return on your investment. Our advice is to look for a company which has a support team that is skilled in both IT and has relatable hospitality industry experience.
Support needs to be proactive not just reactive. With growth in mind you need to find a supplier that will work with you with regular client review meetings where they ensure that you are getting the best service and that you are utilising the solution to its fullest.
Look for a partnership with a supplier with your best interests at heart and that offers unbiased consultancy.
With the right restaurant management technology it is possible to manage, improve and grow in the key areas:
- Guest experience
- Online ordering
- Payment processing
- Stock control
All supported by actionable real-time reporting to drive continuous improvement. A cloud-based solution offers the scalability and reliability to support your growth.
Speaking of support, look for a supplier that is authentic, well-regarded and has a long-term vision for working with you.
Selecting a solution that offers all this out of the box is a smart investment with an immediate and long-term return.